𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗩𝗼𝗹𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗿𝘀 & 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀
The staff at GardenShare would like to extend our vast appreciation for all the volunteers and participants of the 2023 Fight Hunger Fair & 5K one more time! We couldn’t have pulled off such a successful event without the hours of work our dedicated planning committee members selflessly volunteered or the many student volunteers who helped us day-of to run the Fight Hunger Fair & 5K. Additionally, what would an event be without the over 100 participants who fundraised to support GardenShare’s vital programs.
Frankie Beshers, of the History Association at SUNY Potsdam, had this to say about her experience volunteering at the 2023 Fight Hunger Fair & 5K:
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘚𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘯. 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘥𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬. 𝘔𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵.
𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗥𝗦𝗩𝗣 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝗔𝗻𝗻𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘁 𝗝𝗮𝗸𝗲’𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮𝘄𝗮 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝘂𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟳𝘁𝗵
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join us for a seasonal, locally sourced dinner and a GardenShare program update!
Proceeds from the dinner support GardenShare’s efforts to make healthy, sustainable food choices available to everyone in St. Lawrence County.
There will be a cash bar cocktail hour at 5:30, with dinner served at 6:30. Tickets are $110 per person. A vegetarian option and accommodations for dietary restrictions are available.
~ Menu ~
• Beet Salad; locally sourced roasted beets, sliced crispin apples, and sun dried cranberries. Candied walnuts and goat cheese with maple sherry vinaigrette.
• Butternut Squash Ortiche; creamy risotto, local butternut squash, and saffron. Panko breadcrumbs, creamy alfredo sauce, balsamic glaze.
• The Harvest Trio; maple-pecan glazed salmon, bacon wrapped beef tenderloin, and sous vide chicken. Roasted garlic mashed potatoes, shaved brussels sprouts.
• Cranberry Apple Bread Pudding
• Vegetarian Option; Vegetarian risotto, GF
RSVP by Wednesday, October 11th Here
𝗨𝘀𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸𝘀 𝗕𝘆 𝗢𝗰𝘁 𝟯𝟭𝘀𝘁!
The final day to use any Fresh Connect, WIC, Bonus Bucks, Senior’s Nutrition Checks, or Farmers Market Nutrition Program checks is October 31st at the Canton Farmers Market in Canton Village Park!
Please make sure not to miss the opportunity to redeem these incredibly valuable spending-assists as they will not roll over in to 2024. It is important to utilize as many of these resources as possible to ensure future funding for these vital programs. The number of checks redeemed each year heavily impact the number of checks distributed in future years so don’t let any go to waste!
𝗦𝘁. 𝗟𝗮𝘄𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗙𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗻 𝗘𝗻𝗱
The time as come, as it does every year, when our beloved Farmers Markets must shut down for the winter season so make sure to stop in and grab some delicious fall produce while you still can!
𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗔𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
GardenShare’s Annual Auction begins on Friday, November 24th and we are currently seeking donations!
Consider the following for your donation:
• Items locally made/grown or hand-crafted
• Experiences are welcome and popular: fishing, bird walks, canoe trips, hikes, etc.
• Consider sharing a skill/gift/art – gardening, cooking, food preservation, paddling, basket weaving
• Specify quantity, size, number of people, etc.
Donations are due by November 3rd, 2023.